12826847

Is it lawful to make a will and stipulate that the

Customer Question

Is it lawful to make a will and stipulate that the beneficiaries are not to be informed of either the death of the deceased and also the bequest, until six months after the grant of probate. Consequently, this arrangement would presumably be timed out should the will be contested after six months.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Could you explain the situation here in detail please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The solicitor acting in the capacity of executor placed a condition in my step-mothers will that beneficiaries were not to be told of their bequest until after six months of grant of probate. Which according to court of probate conditions Wills IF THEY WERE TO BE CONTESTED ARE REQUIRED TO BE CARRIED OUT WITHIN SIX MONTHS OF PROBATE BEING GRANTED.
It appears to me a deliberate attempt has been construed by the solicitor in order for the will to be prevented from being contested , an action which I consider improper to the point of being unlawful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to assist my brother who has been omitted from the will whilst his nephew and cousin receive 70% of the will. When my father re-married, my step-mother went out of her way to alienate my father from his immediate family.
The problem I am addressing is that my brother of 67 years of age requires mental health care brought on since childhood. We are looking into village community housing for him where financial assistance would relieve considerable pressure.