13262538

If my son in laws child proposals are accepted by a court

If my son in laws child proposals are accepted by a court can he have childcare arrangements if he isnt available. He proposes having his 4 year old daughter , week 1 Mon Wed and friday 1 and half hours on each day. Week 2 Monday overnight stay, Wednesday overnight stay, Friday and Saturdays overnight stay until Sunday evening. My daughter is distraught over these proposals.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What proposals has your daughter made?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tuesdays and Fridays 4 until 6 which he currently has then every other weekend Saturday 10am until Sunday 6pm
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Might she agree to Friday to Sunday on alternate weekends?

What is the issue with child care arrangements?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Fathers re-occurring mental health issues which the NHS experts say are resolved. He says he will not shift from his proposals so it will have to go to court. Their daughter is only 4 years old and it will be a lot for her to deal with.Is there anything you can propose.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I am not sure what relevance that has to childcare arrangements when he is not available and to Friday night?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Granddaughters Mother is available all the time for childcare so why should he want someone else to look after her if he isnt available after all he is fighting for more access.alternate Friday nights would not be a problem if he could finish early enough to collect her. I just find it strange that he wants more access but then needs childcare.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What chlld care has he said he will need?

Can he realistically collect the child from school in the evenings and return her to school in the morning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Realistically no, as he works 50 to 60 hours per week thats why he said he will get childcare.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Then his proposal is nonsense and no court will regard it as acceptable.

As a Counter offer your daughter should offer Friday to Sunday on alternate weeks plus Wednesday overnight each week form 5pm IF he can get the child to school

in the morning plus extra time in each school holiday

The arrangement he is suggesting is a confusing one and not in the best interests of a four year old.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details