12826847

I have a general form of judgement/ order won in 2008

Customer Question

I have a general form of judgement/ order won in 2008 for a substantial amount of monies owed to me . He has never paid a penny, I could never locate him and he always worked as self employed. Is this order still valid as I have located him and I am aware he is now in full time employment?
Any help would be gratefully received ?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

hi thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. When was the last time you made a demand for the judgment. Did you ever write to his last known address demanding payment? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi AJ, The court did in 2008 but this was returned undelivered. He never came to the final hearing at court and I didn't know where else to turn. Thank you
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Have you taken any action since the judgment was granted? You may be statute barred from claiming this unless you can prove you have tried to make a demand for the Judgment in the last 6 years? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had returned mail but nothing since as I moved away. I cannot prove sending to his parents address either. Thank you for your help AJ
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you. What date was the mail sent? Kind regards AJ