13262538

With savings of about £150,000 and a property worth about

Customer Question

With savings of about £150,000 and a property worth about £450,000 is it likely I would qualify for assistance from the Bar Pro bono unit? I am 75 and live alone.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Financially you should be eligible but it will depend on what work you need the barrister to do for you - you can see more about how they can assist here:http://www.barprobono.org.uk/do-you-need-help.html

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** i have been a solicitor for more than 30 years

Given the fact that you have £150,000 in savings I am afraid that you are unlikely to meet the first requirement

and I quote:-

"We can only assist if public funding cannot be obtained and you cannot pay privately".

Please ask if you need further details