75100385

As a family we were forced out of our business due to

Customer Question

As a family we were forced out of our business due to continuous racism. Covered in the local newspaper as well in 2004. I am interested in finding out if there is a case for sompensiation since we had to leave everything. From the lease of the shop to the stock and future earnings.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What was the nature of the racism?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Several incidents where they had said things like 'go home pakis' and incidents including urinating at the door. Coming into the shop a taking hold of my father and shaking him and telling us to put the cctv camera on him. And then coming into the shop with a knife and threatening to kill all the pakis in the shop.These incidents were repeated. Became and weekly if not daily routine. Started from March 2004 upto the time in November 2004 when we left.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Is this just one person?

What is his relationship to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its my entire family. It was a family run business. My father faced most of what happened. I faced one incident and my mother faced two. My brother was threatened in the parking lot on three occaisions and my sisters were followed around on two occaisions.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

OK. So does this involve one person?

What is his relationship to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Involves the entire family. As mentioned before. The person facing most of the incidents is my father. Im the youngest son in the family.See news cliping for a little more explination.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What I need to know is whether or not only one person is perpetuating this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's all of us.Since we had lost not only sleep, confidence and sense of safety but also earning an investment.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am ready to wait but ensure someone who knows law answers my question since Jo C. Had no clue.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to look at the possibility of compensiation for loss of livelyhood, income, cost of moving back to London, losses due to leaving business without having the opportunity to sell it and any reasonable claim that can be made.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/