12826847

I have been asked to meet with police in a service station

Customer Question

I have been asked to meet with police in a service station tonight for a voluntary interview, do I need a solicitor . Never been involved in anything like this before. I have not done what they are asking me about. The incident was April and just being spoken to now
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What is the allegation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Initially it was driving dangerously on college campus then it has progressed to hitting someone and driving off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok.

Are you confident this is the police? They wouldn't normally have interviews in service stations.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
definitely the police as spoken to them through the 101 number.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. it is a matter for you ultimately.

I wouldn't agree to do a voluntary interview there.

I would approach a solicitor and get them to negotiate an appointment to attend at the police station with you. It will make a difference to whether or not legal aid is available.

Yes, you do need a solicitor. Dangerous driving is a serious offence and aggravated by a common assault although the truth is that this is probably just a driving without due care.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is my dad able to sit with me for a voluntary interview. I am 18
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, not usually. You are not in need of an appropriate adult so it is either alone or with a solicitor.