F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I live on a park home Residential Park, has does my neighbor

I live on a park home Residential Park, has does my neighbor but she also has a Mobile Caravan which is parked along side her home, this completely blocks the road to us when we are reversing off our drive. Do you know if there are any rules regarding this problem
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

How long has the caravan been in this obstructive location for?

Have you asked the neighbour to park it on the other side?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On and off for a year, yes we have asked them to park at the other side and they just get nasty.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Assuming that neither the park owner nor the neighbours are willing to take any notice, your only recourse is to threaten them with court action. They may respond to a letter from a solicitor without you having the trouble of going to court.

Your action would be against the park owner for breach of contract/license agreement for actually allowing them to do this and against the owner in common law nuisance and obstruction.

There is no easy solution in court if neither take any notice.

Please don’t forget to rate the service positive. It is an important part of the process by which experts get paid.

Best wishes.

FES.