Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. Is any further worked arranged?
Is the work related to the initial issue?
yes will do
When you have entered into a contract for work and materials, where the main focus is labour and skill, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 says that the work must be:
· Carried out with reasonable care and skill (to the same standard as any reasonably competent person in that trade or profession);
· Finished within a reasonable time (unless a specific time has been agreed); and
· Provided at a reasonable price (unless a specific price has been agreed).
If there are problems with the standard of work, or any of the above, you will have certain rights:
1. The trader should either redo the parts of the service which are inadequate or perform the whole service again at no extra cost to you. This must be done within a reasonable time and without causing you significant inconvenience.
2. If redoing the work is impossible or cannot be done within a reasonable time or without causing significant inconvenience, you can claim a price reduction. The price reduction would depend on how severe the issues are and could be as much as the full cost of the work.
3. If the service has been performed so badly that it would be unreasonable to expect the consumer to give the trader a second chance, you may be entitled to claim the cost of remedial work by another trader.
So if you can, try and allow the person to fix it at no extra cost to you. Unless he had left it in a dangerous state, you should do so because it may be unreasonable not to allow him a second chance. However, you cannot be forced to do this and if you really wanted to you could not engage him again and not pay him for the original work by arguing it that it was not to a satisfactory standard. If he was to challenge this though and pursue you for the money owed you would have to justify why you did not want him to try and carry out the repairs.
I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Yes of course, however please remember to leave you rating for the response so far and then I can continue asking follow up questions as needed, thanks