12826847

My children and I are recovering from a fire in the kitchen

Customer Question

My children and I are recovering from a fire in the kitchen of our council owned property in which I sustained burns to my face, shoulder and destruction of person property. There was no fire alarm in the kitchen and we have since discovered without prior knowledge that the alarm in the kitchen that we all thought was a smoke alarm was indeed a heat alarm. The council had never explained this to us, nor informed us it was in there or even its proper use. There where huge delays with this alarm going off, which meant a full blown fire had developed and all our efforts where to late. We would like to pursue a case to hold the council liable for negligence for the fire and damage that I feel could have been avoided. It would be very helpful to get advice as to our options. Many thanks. Ms Essilifie
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

For now please let me know whether the alarms are inspected generally?