12826847

I am a little bit confused about what law says about

I am a little bit confused about what law says about sexual activity . I am a 30 years old man is it legally for me to have sex with 17 years old girl ? I am not in position of trust .
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Provided you are not in a position of trust (which you say you are not), it is only an offence to have sexual activity with someone aged 15 or below. The legal age for sexual activity is 16, and hence there would be no offence committed by you.

I hope this clarifies the position for you.

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any age limits because I am 30 and she is 17?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

No, there is no restriction as you are both deemed to be adults for this purpose.

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about texting ? I know sending nude photo for under 18 is iligal and any sexual texting is that right? How having sex with 17 years old for a 30 years old men is ligal but sending picture and sexual text is iligal and what does it mean of sexual text?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

My colleague has opted out. I am a criminal practitioner.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

To be wholly honest, it is best not to get involved with a person under the age of 18.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Photography is illegal with anybody under 18. The age of consent is 18 for those purposes basically because there needed to be international agreement so the oldest age of consent was chosen.

Actual contact is lawful from 16 unless you are in a position of trust.

Do bear in mind though that young ladies do sometimes make false allegations and a big age difference renders you very vulnerable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is 18 in next month. What do you advice I can do ligaly now and what I must not to do?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Well, as I said really.

You can have sexual contact with her but not exchange photography.

I wouldn't send texts either. There are two many offences.

Otherwise texts are a very good idea as you can use them to disprove false allegations when accusers want to get revenge, attention or compensation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't understand well about texting .is that good to disprove false allegations or I wouldn't text her much ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Not until she is 18 about anything lewd.

But thereafter texts are very useful because you can prove exactly what accusers have said and then when they start lying and say they didn't consent the jury can have vision of their texts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was wery usefull .thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Experience: Over 5 years in practice