propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

How can i find out if my convenant 1931 is on the class d

how can i find out if my convenant 1931 is on the class d (ii) register
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi Laurence

You do a land charges search. You do this via the land registry's online eservices website. You have to sign up. It costs a couple of pounds.

You do this for unregistered land.

Is the land registered? If so it will (should if land registry picked it up on first registration) be on the register of title.

Amy questions or queries?

Happy to assist further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,The question is even though registered, is it valid it not on the class d (ii) register? On the register it says all the details are lost apart from the holder i.e. the builder.

If the covenant was not registered then it is void

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Do you mean, not registered on the class d (ii) register or the registered land titles? And how can I check the class 4 (ii) register? I did mention that mention on the registered land titles, but no details merely the name of the holder

I state above how you check the land charges register at the land registry.

But it only applies to unregistered land. It has no relevance to registered land.

If the restrictive covenant was not registered on the register land charges it will be void.

Hi Laurence

I am just following up. Do you have any questions or queries? Hope I explained the position clearly, happy to assist further if necessary.