75100385

How do I make sure the car rental company returns me the

How do I make sure the car rental company returns me the money that it was supposed to give me back by the contractual agreement and what they have overcharged me without my consent? I rented a car for holiday in south France with supercharge cover insurance which they made me pay at the counter AND 76 Euro on top for the full tank of fuel which they said they would pay back to my account should the car is returned back with the full tank of fuel. The car was returned with full tank (filler up at the fuel station that is literally next door to the car rental company office) , however not only they did not return the 76 Euro, but they charged me additional 40 Euro on top claiming that the car was returned empty. I have the copy of the contract and receipts form the fuel stations where I filled the car up. I also filed a case with the company and sent them an email with the copies of all documents.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Which country are they based in ?

How did you pay for the sums waiting to be refunded?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are based in France and everything was paid by credit card
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

However speak to your card company first as you can issue a chargeback if they don't refund

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to write the letter on paper? Will email not suffice?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also refund within 14 days: from which date are the 14 days counted?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

paper is better if you can. Unless they respond to the email. 14 days from receipt. Alex

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/