Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have a 20 year season ticket football club, which I have

Customer Question

I have a 20 year season ticket for a football club, which I have to go through a renewal process every year (although I have no fee to pay). the football club have made an offer this year to season ticket holders, that if they renew they will get a cash-back if the cub fails to make it to the play offs. However, the club say that this excludes those who have the 20 year season ticket.
Given that the club insist I go through a season renewal process every year, including completing a renewal form, do I have a case for discrimination? I.e. those how gave money 20 years in advance seem to be discriminated against those who give the money annually.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. I am afraid there is no legal discrimination here, you can only discriminate on the grounds of things such as sex, race, religion, disability. The fact that you made a contract with the club for 20 years that required a renewal process and administration process, does not mean you can force the club to offer new commercial terms. If you were to participate in this would you expect cash back on what the season ticket costs per year on average?