13262538

My mother is in hospital after a severe stroke, she can not

My mother is in hospital after a severe stroke, she can not yet speak and gets yes & no mixed up. I don't get on with my brother who is 2yrs older, he has made it clear that he is the NOK by right and has the last say in things, even though I am the one that does most things for my mum. Myself and both brothers are mums executives in her will. Does he have the right to make all the decisions regarding the best things for my mum?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mum gave me the No to her safe and as bills needed paying and I knew she kept money in it I used this. I also took anything of value out and put it my safe; until she comes home. My brothers do not know the No but he is telling me to put things back. Does he have the right even though mum has always trusted me with the No and to do the right thing.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Your brother has no more right to deal with matters than you do

You do not have to put anything back

If your mother continues to be unable to care for herself then you may wish to apply to be her Deputy - details here

https://www.gov.uk/become-deputy/overview

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details