12826847

If someone takes a photo of the inside of your residence, is

If someone takes a photo of the inside of your residence, is that invasion of privacy? If so, what action could be taken?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Can you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been looking after my sisters dog since March because she's been having problems with her neighbours. Last week my landlord came to visit me and told me that someone had shown her photos of the dog at the window, which were taken whilst I was at work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because my neighbours have made complaints that the dog was barking and howling all day
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, that is not an offence I'm afraid.

There are offences in things like voyeurism but then you have to film somebody doing something really private like using a bathroom.

There is no offence in evidence gathering although actually photographs do not prove barking.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

In any event, unless you are not allowed a dog at the property, the fact that you have a dog does not amount to a noise nuisance.

All dogs bark especially when somebody is at their window. To amount to a bark nuisance it has to be consistent for more than 20 minutes at a time.