75100385

A solicitor has still not taken any steps to get a 12 months

Customer Question

A solicitor has still not taken any steps to get a 12 months extension writ issued by 10th August due to the 6 year contract statute of limitations, despite assuring me in late June it should be dealt with urgently. What chance do I have at this stage of obtaining the writ as not to do so may leave me open to being sued as fraud has occurred by the other patty and I reacted badly in writing when I discovered it.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Just to be clear, is your claim now statute barred?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I loose the right to sue on 10 the August but they don't as my written responses were in 2015. I have an audio recording incriminating two individuals. Their associate was imprisoned last year for his part in the multi million pounds pension scam taking £75000 of my money. Police have given me a reference number against the company but file is not easily accessed. Copies with the financial ombudsman.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. They can issue proceedings now to stop the clock and that gives you another four months before they need to be served.

You should speak with your solicitor or indeed the managing partner if you do not get satisfaction. After all you are paying them for a service.

If they fail to issue its unlikely the court would grant permission to sue out if time, but if that were to happen you would have a claim of negligence against your solicitor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Telephone ***********
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

can I call in the morning?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please do not telephone me and arrange a refund of both fees. Also I did not give the five Stars