75100385

I received a parking ticket in my husbands name (the

Customer Question

Hello, I received a parking ticket in my husbands name (the registered keeper) from Athens Security Ltd almost 2yrs ago. I appealed the ticket but was told I had no case and must pay the fine. I have ignored the letters until now, I received a letter before claim. I intended to reply but didn't manage it in time and now I have been sent a claim form. Should I just pay the £224.84 or should I try to defend now that I have got this far?
I was visiting a beach with the kids and purchased a ticket. On return I locked my keys in the boot and a nearby friend drove me home a 25mile round trip. So I purchased another ticket, put the ticket u dear wiper ladies and left a note for the attendant. I also spoke to the attendant and explained and he appeared very casual and said 'no worries'
We were about 20mins late back on the ticket and my only defence is that we had 5 under 3's that all needed the toilet and the roads were fairly busy as it was getting into peak traffic times.
Can you offer any advice?
Lucy Brown
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

For now please let me know whether they have issued a claim?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they have issued a claim - no. C5GF6G42
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok- then sadly you need to pay it.

If there is a claim its too late to appeal.

If you dont pay it in full you will get a CCJ.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh dear really, even though I appealed the original fine? I suppose that's because I didn't reply to the letter before claim :(
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sadly yes. There is a claim form, you need to pay or defend it.

Does that clarify? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Lucy
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/