Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have two issues to ask about. Bankrupsy. How does it stay

Hello.
I have two issues to ask about.
Bankrupsy. How long does it stay on your records / blackmarked?
When can I get a credit card if at all.
Does it affect my inheritance and within what period of time.
Secondly, I was accused of assault and charged.The case was dropped.
Could this be due to mental health .
Does dropped mean equited and so innocent or just not enough evidence?Also, is it a record , criminal record and how long does it stay on my record if at all.
Lastly do I have to declare it at jobs or studying and can it affect me?
Many thanks.
S.L. Fortune.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you - normally you cannot apply for any credit until you are discharged from bankruptcy. This normally takes 1 year from the date of the order. Once you have been discharged, the bankruptcy order will be on your credit file for 6 years. This wont preclude you from obtaining credit but it may make it more difficult.

In terms of a job or studying, you only need to declare bankruptcy or criminal convictions if asked on the application for the job.

If you were charged and the charges were dropped this will mean you do not have a criminal record - the charges could have been dropped for numerous reasons for example lack of evidence.

Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not get an response to my most important question does bankruptcy affect my future inheritance and within what frame of time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. Bankruptcy will not affect your future inheritance as long as you receive the inheritance after you have been discharged from bankruptcy. Kind regards AJ