12826847

I'm a bit concerned as I was travelling through a stretch of

Customer Question

I'm a bit concerned as I was travelling through a stretch of road today which has just had four new cameras installed at traffic lights. I have heard they are red light speed cameras, some people have told me that they are only active once the lights turn red and only capture your speed if you run a red light whilst other people have told me they can catch you for separate offences. This is worrying me as I have 9 points and whilst I never ran a red light I'm pretty sure that I'd sped up too soon I do know I was doing 30 as I passed the camera and crossed the first line but I'm almost certain I was speeding before I crossed the second line, what's the likelihood of the outcome here? This is what they look like http://imgur.com/kbKLQJI
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what your question is ? Obviously I will not know whether they are GATSOs or red light cameras?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically it is a red light speed camera, I'm a just wondering if they only photograph your speed if you run a red light or can they catch you speeding regardless of the colour on the lights. I entered the zone definitely on a green light and definitely at 30mph but I'm certain I was over speed before I reached the other line, a speeding fine would mean a ban for me which is worrying me as I driving is of great importance to me, had one little lapse
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If it is a GATSO camera then it would take two photographs at fixed points and the road and calculate the speed by reference of how long it took to travel from a to b.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

The first fixed point is when you pass the camera

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

And unless you were speeding then you wouldn't set it off.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.