12826847

I have an outstanding warrant from 3years ago motoring

Customer Question

I have an outstanding warrant from 3years ago for a motoring offence and I live abroad and was wondering what I can do to get it removed as the cps website says after 12 months it can be withdrawn
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What was the motoring offence?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Driving without due care and attention
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

They will not have issued a warrant for your arrest for driving without due care and attention. They will have just tried you in absence.

There might well be a warrant for failing to pay fines consequent upon that matter. That can only be removed by paying the fines in full.

If this is a more serious offence and there is a warrant for your arrest then that can only be removed at your end by surrendering to a court or to the police station. The Crown can apply for the removal of a warrant but there is no incentive for them to do so here.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was summoned to court but I had the option to admit which I did signed the paperwork and returned it and never heard anything since
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Then you have just been sentenced in absence.

At the very highest point is will be a warrant for non payment of fines.

Your licence might have been revoked by the DVLA as well because you didn't send it in for the addition of points.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK the reason I ask is I have been told by the police force in question has told me there is an warrant
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, they may well not know or not be willing to disclose the reason.

Unless there is anything else outstanding it is probably for non payment of fines.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you is there any way of you checking so that I have some clarity on this as I now live abroad and I am considering coming back to the uk
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

We can't check for you under the rules of this site but there are only two ways.

If it is for non payment of fines then you pay the fine in full.

If it is not then you surrender to a police station or a court.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK what I was trying to avoid was travelling to the uk and bring arrested at the airport
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, and that is a risk.

There are no sure fire ways to avoid that.

You could negotiate an appointment to attend voluntarily at the police station but that only really reduces the risk rather than removes it completely.