75100385

I have started a small claim against Sanderson and I did it

I have started a small claim against Thomas Sanderson and I did it online, was only able to add myself as a claimant however have referred to both my self and partner in the claim. Thomas Sanderson is saying we must have a joint claim otherwise will be invalid. Is there a way of adding another claimant to one that has already started ?
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: what details do you need?
Assistant: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Has a defence been filed to that effect? Do you need to add partner as a party? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they have only filed and acknowledged. They sent me a email staying that it might be invalid however they would agree to have him added to the claim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only filed the acknowledgement of service
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Then if you want to add you need to make a formal application to the court to add the second claimant.

However it may not be necessary if you are making the claim and you can use your partner as a witness.

She does not necessarily need to be a claimant.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks is there a prescribed form to make this application?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes n244

Does that clarify? Alex