75100385

I am wondering how much notice (to quit) must be provided to

Hi, I am wondering how much notice (to quit) must be provided to a tenant of a bedsit who is occupying by way of an oral tenancy agreement. Rent is paid monthly, and the tenant has been in occupation for over a year. Tenant is of the belief he is due six months notice, but I was presuming it would be two months. Is the tenant correct here?
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: My name is Paolo
Assistant: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe the tenant fully accepts he does not have an Assured Tenancy or a Regulated Tenancy.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

When did they move in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand less than three years ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You must give two months notice which takes effect from the next billing rental period.

So two months.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex