12826847

My son aged 27 met a girl who he thought was 20. He has

Customer Question

My son aged 27 met a girl who he thought was 20. He has discovered that she is 16. In the time they have now developed feings for each other. Certain people are calling him a paedophile and pervert. Is he doing wrong? These people are also threatening him with ruining his name to everyone they know!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does my son need a letter sent to these people to stop slandering his good name?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son has a really rude text message off one person too. Calling him a filthy pervert and paedo
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Have they exchanged any lewd photographs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

In that case, he isn't committing an offence. She is 16 and therefore old enough to consent.

However, he might want to consider how these people might have come by this information as it is likely that they were assisted by her and run for the hills before she makes allegations of sexual abuse.

Normal women do not incite other people to call their partners perverts usually.

But if he is intend then she is old enough to consent to anything but the exchange of explicit photographs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You have been very helpful.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

All the best.

Please remember to rate my answer.