How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My ex wife has wrote me an email saying she is having a

Resolved Question:

My ex wife has wrote me an email saying she is having a Barrister represent her court case, but she is litigant in person. I am not sure what exactly this means. This is an objection to me taking my kids on holiday for 2 weeks.I am litigant in person. Will I be facing a Barrister in court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

There is something called Direct Access. That means that she can instruct a Barrister directly without going through a Solicitor.

So yes, you COULD be facing a Barrister but its not guaranteed - it could be a bluff.

Can I clarify anything?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you