Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have been appointed as joint executor of a will and we

Customer Question

I have been appointed as joint executor of a will and we have decided to handle probate ourselves. However, in order to satisfy various aspects of the will we need to ask for information from various organisations before we complete the probate forms. How do we go about validating our position as executors so we are able to obtain the relevant information from banks etc?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your enquiry.

It would be normal for you to write to the respective Institutions saying "We are appointed as Executors of the late xxx, who died on xx. We enclose a copy of the death certificate and Will for registration in your records and return. We confirm that we will be obtaining Probate, and would therefore be grateful if you could supply us with a note of the balance on the account, together with the appropriate withdrawal form to close the account once Probate has been obtained.

We look forward to hearing from you, but if you have any queries in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us on 07XXXXXXX"

I hope this assists and answers your question.

If you require any further clarification, please let me know.

If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards

Al

Hi, can I assist you any further? Kind Regards Al

Can I assist any further?

Kind Regards

Al