13262538

I am living in the UK illegally since 2001 I have had

I am living in the UK illegally since 2001 I have had correspondence with the Home office, for right to stay in the UK, this has gone to court and been denied, in 2012 I got married in church in the city of Coventry, my husband and I did not get a marriage license of any kind and only have a marriage certificate issued at the time of the wedding, I now understand that we should have got a Superintendent registrars certificate , which we did not get, and this should have had Home Office approval, which we did not apply for or get, the Vicar who married us did not advise us that any of this was necessary, I am of Kenyan Nationality born in 1965, my Husband is of British Nationality aged 61, unfortunately our marriage has broken down and I am now with someone else, and I am seeking a divorce, the question is am I legally married or not.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

For clarity which Church were you married in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
St Paul Foleshill Coventry
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

The fact that the other matters were not done correctly doe snot mean that the marriage was no valid.

You are indeed legally married and will need a divorce

Please ask if you need further details