75100385

Few months ago the company which I am working a van

Customer Question

Good afternoon. Few months ago the company which I am working for had a van registered. We have received a speeding fine which because of a family death which made me to go back to my country to sort it and after that bad communication between the employees of our company and the Northamptonshire Police we have delayed to send all the information regarding the driver of the van at that point which caused a Notice of fine and collection order from the Magistrates Court with the reason: "Fail to give information relating to the identification of the driver of a vehicle when required".
Fine is in the amount of £965 due tu be paid on 19th of July.
From the magistrates I have received an email:***@******.*** in order to appeal.
My question is: should I appeal, what are the chances to win or reduce the amount of the fine or should I just pay it because they've said that if not paid before this date will send bailiffs to our company in order to take goods for that amount??
I really appreciate your further answers and your time. Have a good day.
Chris
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Chris my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did you fail to identify the driver? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, yes I did fail to identify the driver in useful time.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Any points?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Then I would not appeal. Fail to identify is usually a fine and six points.

So you are lucky. If you appeal you could be given points. So I would just pay the fine.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please? Alex

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/