How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Ash Your Own Question

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10914
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Installation of a wren kitchen Assistant: Thank you. Can you

Resolved Question:

installation of a wren kitchen
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: wren (paid to supply and fit) have installed kitchen incorrectly - not allowing for space under appliances for flooring. The field installation manager came and did an assessment - there was a 13 point plan of which I have never been given a copy.
Assistant: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Submitted: 3 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I paid for a wren kitchen including install in Feb 2016. Install started may 2016.
I have a catalogue of complaints - fitter using wrong plans, worktop cut in wrong place x 1 then scratched one put in etc. I asked for a replacement fitter and / or for kitchen to be removed but this was denied or rather ignored by wren.
I stopped work due to concerns over workmanship and 2 field installation managers visited. A remedial action plan was given to fitter.
1) The fitter has not left enough room under the appliances for the floor to be fitted.
2) The quartz worktop has chip in and is not a colour match for the sample provided.
regarding the worktop ( i arrived home just as fitters leaving and signed form although they have written on it customer not home) there are chips in this. I reported this to wren the same week as my kitchen fitter had failed to escalate.
wren directors have answered my complaint after 1 month and have said they will not replace but repair out of goodwill.
i do not feel this acceptable. I paid a deposit of £1300 for kitchen back in February on a credit card and am awaiting finance on the other portion to begin. i changed mind on worktop a few weeks later and paid a further £600 on credit card to change i have any legal stance to stop works and either get kitchen (or just defective worktop) removed
or to take to court for providing substandard goods?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ps - quartz worktop is also not a colour match for installed worktop. worktop i have installed is grey speckled - sample which i have is white. I have the sample.
Expert:  Ash replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I wish to know if I can seek to have either worktop replaced as is chipped or if I can get wren to remove entire kitchen as they have failed to complete. I have not yet a complete kitchen and therefore surely cannot be held accountable for a defective worktop.
Expert:  Ash replied 3 months ago.

Do you know the cost of replacement?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i do not. the kitchen cost is £13000 plus approx £800 extras I have purchased since then.
the worktop total cost is £2600 through wren. Premium price for piece of mind. I could get a replacement for £1500.
Expert:  Ash replied 3 months ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request they do the replacement or you will get someone in to do it and claim the £1500 back within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not do either you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?


Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is court my only option or as I have not yet started paying the balance of £11700 can I use credit card company for deposit or finance company for remaining balance to do a section 75 chargeback?
Expert:  Ash replied 3 months ago.

Yes you can do that as they are jointly liable.

But you cant chargeback part of it, although you could the whole amount.

But they are jointly liable under S.75

Does that clarify? Alex

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10914
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Last | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice