Installation of a wren kitchen Assistant: Thank you. Can you

installation of a wren kitchen
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: wren (paid to supply and fit) have installed kitchen incorrectly - not allowing for space under appliances for flooring. The field installation manager came and did an assessment - there was a 13 point plan of which I have never been given a copy.
Assistant: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I paid for a wren kitchen including install in Feb 2016. Install started may 2016.
I have a catalogue of complaints - fitter using wrong plans, worktop cut in wrong place x 1 then scratched one put in etc. I asked for a replacement fitter and / or for kitchen to be removed but this was denied or rather ignored by wren.
I stopped work due to concerns over workmanship and 2 field installation managers visited. A remedial action plan was given to fitter.
1) The fitter has not left enough room under the appliances for the floor to be fitted.
2) The quartz worktop has chip in and is not a colour match for the sample provided.
regarding the worktop ( i arrived home just as fitters leaving and signed form although they have written on it customer not home) there are chips in this. I reported this to wren the same week as my kitchen fitter had failed to escalate.
wren directors have answered my complaint after 1 month and have said they will not replace but repair out of goodwill.
i do not feel this acceptable. I paid a deposit of £1300 for kitchen back in February on a credit card and am awaiting finance on the other portion to begin. i changed mind on worktop a few weeks later and paid a further £600 on credit card to change i have any legal stance to stop works and either get kitchen (or just defective worktop) removed
or to take to court for providing substandard goods?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ps - quartz worktop is also not a colour match for installed worktop. worktop i have installed is grey speckled - sample which i have is white. I have the sample.
Expert:  Ash replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I wish to know if I can seek to have either worktop replaced as is chipped or if I can get wren to remove entire kitchen as they have failed to complete. I have not yet a complete kitchen and therefore surely cannot be held accountable for a defective worktop.
Expert:  Ash replied 3 months ago.

Do you know the cost of replacement?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i do not. the kitchen cost is £13000 plus approx £800 extras I have purchased since then.
the worktop total cost is £2600 through wren. Premium price for piece of mind. I could get a replacement for £1500.
Expert:  Ash replied 3 months ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request they do the replacement or you will get someone in to do it and claim the £1500 back within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not do either you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
is court my only option or as I have not yet started paying the balance of £11700 can I use credit card company for deposit or finance company for remaining balance to do a section 75 chargeback?
Expert:  Ash replied 3 months ago.

Yes you can do that as they are jointly liable.

But you cant chargeback part of it, although you could the whole amount.

But they are jointly liable under S.75

Does that clarify? Alex

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thank you