75100385

While on a cruise in January I was taken ill with food

While on a cruise in January I was taken ill with food poisoning and confined to my cabin for 24 hours as normal procedure. A few days later I was served half a chicken for my meal, After eating some of it I discovered the chicken was raw on the inside. I then suffered another bout of diahorrea and was again confined to my cabin for another 24 hours. My wife was also confined with me and ordered room service. When the burger and chips arrived she discovered a still frozen and raw chip in with the cooked ones. We did complain on every occasion and received a letter from the Guest Relations dept apologising for the food quality on board and offering us a meal in the al la carte restaurant. I have complained to Thomson cruises who passed our complaint on to their legal dept. Today I received a letter from their Custmer Claims Team saying that they have investigated my complaint and can find no fault with the ship or neglect on part of the ship. They have offered £100 to cover the whole party as a gesture of goodwill if we sign the disclaimer they have sent. I am disgusted with Thomson and wish to take this matter further. Please can you advise me of the next steps to take. Thank You
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much do you want to claim please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
163;1000.00
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.