12826847

I have neighbours trees overhanging my drive by one metre.

Customer Question

I have neighbours trees overhanging my drive by one metre. There are six trees in question and six months ago on January 7th asked him to consider getting them cut back as it is impossible to open the passenger door of the car. He told me this morning that he would be getting them cut back at the end of the summer but it wouldn't be back to my boundary. I said to him that if this is the case I would cut them back myself and throw them over to him. He is now accusing me of being nasty. Can you please inform me how I stand in this situation.
Many thanks,
L R Woodruff *****
Aylesbury,
Bucks.
HP 20 1QB
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking if you can do this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If trees over hang onto your property then you are perfectly free to cut them back to the boundary line as long as you return the foliage.

It is a remedy of last resort generally speaking but since he is saying it will take some time to resolve and will not then be fully resolved I do not think that would be any difficulty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for a speedy reply, I hope my neighbour will see sense and do what I have requested of him.y
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

All the best.