29905560

I was acting as a Mentor/Personal Assistant start year 2004

I was acting as a Mentor/Personal Assistant start year 2004 finishing year 2015 inclusive total 11 years - am I to understand that a Statuary Limitation period of 6 years is applicable and the expiry date for any money due claim will expire year 2015 plus 6 years??
I have been repaid the large loans that were made and covered by Solicitors Letters as loans & not gifts. It is now the out of pocket & petty cash spends that I need to recover these were not covered by Solicitors letters. I have been trying Mediation Claim without any success.
Look forward to your reply.
Regards.
***** *****.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. The limitation period starts t run from the date the debt became due. So for example if you were due to be paid for the out of pocket expenses in 2008, then that would now be out of time. In effect you are likely to be able to recover only those debts which became due for payment within the last 6 years. It is probable that those debts which were due to be paid over 6 years ago will now be statute barred.

However, if no date for payment was due, for example this was an open debt which would only become payable once you had asked for it, the 6 years stats from the date the initial request for payment was made. So if you had accrued expenses during your time with them but there was no specific period for repaying these and you never made a request for them to be repaid until recently, you could then count the limitation period as applying from the date that initial request was sent.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you