29905560

Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to

Customer Question

Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I started my job as a primary school teacher on the 11th April, The school was not the right place for me and I felt that I was being treated unfairly due to my race. So I resigned which means that my last working day is the 30th July.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today. What would you like to know about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben, This evening I received a phone call from my school but I was in the gym. When I left an hour later there were several missed calls. One of the calls was from a colleague at work who informed me that the school has contacted her to tell her that due to a tense working environment, three members myself included have been asked to leave tonight and not returned back to work tomorrow or for our remaining time till next wednesday. I then received another call after 8pm to state that due to me not answering my phone that an executive decision has been taken and I should not returned to work. The first voicemail, my line manager stated that he is pleased with my work ethics and conduct but it is due to there being tension between me and another colleague. This person is the teacher who will be taking over my class next year. I returned to work 4 weeks ago after being signed off for exhaustion from my doctor and she has shown me nothing but undermining disrespectful communications since my return. Last week I held a conversation with her in the office with our line manager present to enquire why there is a hostile environment between us since i have returned and she stated that it is due to her increased work load. That is not my fault. They have changed my timetable everyday sinced I have returned, they have not grated me my legal required PPA time and I have accepted this treatment because I know that I am leaving. There was no issue today at work and my line manager even commented in the first voicemail that he was impressed with my work ethics today. I do not understand why then three black female workers have been asked to take garden leave tonight. The issue is with me and another teacher but 2 teaching assistants have also been told tonight by voicemail not to attend school tomorrow. Should this be done formally with a written agreement of some sort or even discussed in person?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I have any grounds on racial discrimination at all?
Is it easier to speak on the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I am happy to speak online. Is this normal practice? I have not done anything but attend work and do my job. I questioned my colleague professionally last week about the
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Calling now