Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husband and I split up 2 and half years ago when I found

Hi my husband and I split up 2 and half years ago when I found him to be having an affair. He is in the army and was posted away at the time. I stayed in the marital home however this is in his name solely. He pays a sky bill for our daughter but other than that everything is me. He has been posted abroad for the last 2 years. All his bank stuff is still registered at this house. I received a compliance check letter from
Concentrix on behalf of hmrc stating they believe me still to be in a relationship. We have no proof of separation. The last few months we have been trying to get back together but as he is abroad this is very hard. I called to tell concentrix this today but was told if not officially together I can still claim. I'm so worried we will not be able to provide the proof needed and contemplating just saying we together from Jan. Would this make it better? I so ill with worry
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm Concentrix's involvement in relation to which benefits?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmrc in relation to working tax and child tax credits. I work part time 18.75 hrs per week
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If you have separated then you should inform them of this as well as the full circumstances and facts. Even though you are registered in the same household this does not mean that you remain a couple and in the investigation they need to assess all factors. I refer you to the government guidance that they use when assessing whether you are a couple or separated here: https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/tax-credits-technical-manual/tctm09342

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.