12826847

I took part in a Townscape Heritage Initiative Grant Scheme

Customer Question

I took part in a Townscape Heritage Initiative Grant Scheme and had to obtain a CAR Insurance Policy which was in place for 3 years under Clause 5.4B of a JCT Contract. Pipes burst in 2009 and I attended mediation on 7 July 2016. My question is - should I have cover now under this CAR Policy for legal fees and remedial work - my Insurance brokers are not dealing with this. Is there such a person as an Insurance Expert who can study the policies in place [4 in all] and just untangle this for me?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Is the claim which is ongoing now in respect of the 2009 burst?

Why has it taken so long?

Was the insurance in place at the time that whatever burst was installed?

You say that your insurance broker is not dealing with this. Insurance broker or insurance company?

Are they simply refusing to honour the claim?

If we could have the background detail initially, that would help if you could attach the policies, they may be useful at a later stage when I have the background detail.

Best wishes.