75100385

I was admitted to hospital in February of this year,they

I was admitted to hospital in February of this year,they diagnosed an ovarian cyst & a pleural effusion on my left lung,which the consultant said was nothing to worry about,I asked if they were going to drain it,but he said there was no need. After a week I was discharged,still feeling terribly ill & unable to return to work.My gyneocologist referred me to the chest clinic,there I was informed that I'd had severe pneumonia & that I'd been discharged from hospital with it.Because this had gone untreated for 6weeks,I developed empyma & was readmitted to hospital,where I spent 2 weeks with a chest drain inserted.since my cyst was diagnosed,I have been told that I need a full hysterectomy, the cyst removed & my appendix out,but it all had to wait untill my chest is better & I'm got for surgery,I am also having another CT scan to see if surgery is needed for my empyma,As the hospital has admitted that the cyst was an incidental find & that the actual cause of my admission to hospital in the 1st place was my lung,which was left untreated,I have been on the sick since February,still awaiting my original operation,I don't anticipate returning to work untill at least September & the nature of my work means that I have lost the the best parts of my earnings for a year.I would like to know if I have a case for medical negligence & if it would be possible to claim back my loss of earnings through this procedure. Thank you...Mrs P Brigham.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

For now please let me know whether you have had a second opinion yet about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your swift response,no I haven't had a second opinion,as I'm under the hospital & naturally trusted that I would be given the best care. My concern is that had I have been treated for the correct problem back in February, i would have been back at work by now. But by the time that I was readmitted back into hospital my blood infection levels were 108,they should be 4..I was told that the reason I'd developed empyma was because my pleural effusion had led to pneumonia & then been left untreated for so long. Had I have been younger, older or generally unfit beforehand,this could have far worse,but as it stands,I now have an underlying health condition that I wouldn't have had if dealt with correctly in the 1st place.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

OK - you need to get an expert report on what has happened. This will give a view as to whether or not there has been negligence.

If that expert report says no, then you have no claim.

If the expert report says yes, then you do have a claim.

A report like this will cost you around £500 or so, but you MUST have it in order to consider any claim at all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately as I haven't worked since February I cannot really afford to pay that amount out,so Will have to try & do this through the hospital complaints department, thank you for your help.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You may be able to go to a no win no fee Solicitor - they may take it on.

Can I clarify anything else for you? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No,that's all thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck. Alex