29905560

I would be very grateful if anyone can provide me a legal

I would be very grateful if anyone can provide me a legal advice with a peculiar online gambling problem that is killing me from inside.
I had an offer of 100% match bonus upto £1000 on an online gambling site which got me tempted. I won about £2000 but lost them including my original deposit and £1000 more of my own money the next day. There were several withdrawals and reverse withdrawals during the process. I couldn't forgive myself from losing my money and wanted to get them back desperately.
After a couple of days, some of the money I deposited online in the casino website appeared as available balance in my bank account and nothing that was previously deposited appeared as a transaction in my bank account. I originally thought that this was one of my withdrawals and I was able to deposit them again in the same gambling site. This continued for a few days, the money was appearing as available balance and I deposited them back every time thinking I will regain the lost money. I never won them back and later got scared thinking some fraud is going on with my bank account so I have closed my bank account immediately.
Also, I have self-excluded myself from the gambling site before closing the bank account. I actually had £2000 of my own money at the beginning but I was actually able to deposit either £6000 or maybe £7000 as the same money appeared as available for several times. The very first deposit appeared as a transaction in my bank account after about 7-10 days. Since I have closed both my bank account and gambling account, I do not know how much money was deposited in total.
I have now informed my family of the stupid mistakes I have made and I am guilty of my deeds. I am ready to pay all the money with my family's help if possible but cannot raise all the money immediately. I am really scared now thinking about what action will be taken against me from the bank or the online gambling company. Will I be given any chance to pay the money back over time or will a case be filed against me.
Thanks a million for any advice on this.
Someone who ruined life by gambling.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Was this a UK site?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was done in UK but I am not sure as the dealers were foreigners, is it okay if I give the name
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ben, thank you for responding to my question.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you in a short while. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your questions to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I experienced some temporary connection issues and could not get back on the site until now. All appears to be resolved now so I can continue dealing with your query.

I wanted to ask, I am unclear as to what you actually owe and who you owe it to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The transactions were done from a bank account when it was still functional but the money was not taken out in time. Now the bank account is closed so the casino site will try to take money from the debit card but it doesn't exist anymore. What will happen now? I will owe money to the bank if the bank pays for a transaction that happened a week before the account was closed. If not I will owe money to the casino. Every time the money was deposited into the casino account it became as unavailable balance immediately but appeared as available balance again in about 3 days.
Does this conversation appear to everyone on the just answer website, am I okay to name the casino and the banks in this chat.Thanks,
Shri.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

this is a public forum and there is no need to name either the bank or the casino, it won't change anything. As far as your rights are concerned, you re indeed going to be in debt to at least one of these organisations. I would say that it is more likely to be against the casino because the bank may still be able to reject the transaction. In this case it is the casino that would be the ones you owe the money to. At this stage you may wish to simply do nothing and see where this goes next. For example the casino may not realise what has happened or it may not be picked up by their accounts. It is entirely up to you if you want to come clean at this stage or wait for them to come to you. It will not make things worse for you if you wait for them - you will still owe them the same amount in the end. You also may not wish to have this hanging around in the background and always wondering when someone may contact you about it. So it is a personal decision for you to make.

If you are pursued for the money you owe then you are certainly able to propose a repayment plan if you are unable to pay them back in full now. If they refuse, you can make it very clear that if they make a court claim to try and get it back, the outcome will not be much different because you will ask the court to order that this is repaid in instalments and you can prove that you would be unable to repay them in full. A court will not force you to pay back a lump sum if you are not in a position to do so financially. Therefore, it would be in their best interests and save them time and money if they do not sue you but they simply accept your proposal and allow you to repay them in instalments.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ben,Thank you very much, that is a 5 star answer. I am a bit relieved for the moment.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome