Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

My husband and I took equity out in 2013 at a rate of5.3%

My husband and I took equity out in 2013 at a rate of5.3% interest. In April of this year my husband passed away and I decided to pay the debt. My husband became ill just after we took equity of £66,000.00. We only took £6,000.00 out into an ISA so I had a total of £62,000.00 which included the interest. On applying for a settlement figure it was a total of over £91,000.00 for just short of three years. I was rather taken aback and wondered if this extortionate amount could be legal. I would just say I have in fact paid this although I still feel that I have been robbed. Please can you clarify this for me? Sandra Sunderland.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sandra, thanks for your enquiry. Could you please tell me with which Company the equity loan was taken out and the name of the scheme? Thanks Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just Retirement via Key Solutions Equity on bungalow valued at £195,000.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you received my answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not wish to pay any more. Please answer as best you can now. Thank you.

Hi Sandra, thanks for your reply. Just Retirement are a recognised equity release provider, and no doubt you were advised by a Solicitor concerning the implications of the loan. Just Retirement always provide details of the interest payable with the paperwork. If so, I'm afraid there is nothing you can do to dispute what the outstanding sum was. Please let me know if you require any further clarification. I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for. Kind Regards Al