How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 9325
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

My extension has a wall on the boundary. I have been told

Resolved Question:

My extension has a wall on the boundary. I have been told that my neighbours new extension will be 'keyed' into it. Is this legal.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

If it straddles the boundary, then they can, but they have to serve Part Wall Act notice.

If it does not straddle the boundary then if they try to key into it, it is trespass and you can apply to court for an injunction to stop them.

What you could do, it is important to their build, is asked them for money for consent. The amount is up to you, there is no fixed sum set anywhere in statute.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Please don’t forget to rate the service positive. It is an important part of the process by which experts get paid.

Best wishes.


F E Smith and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions