12826847

A friend who is a qualified nurse recently gave notice to a

Customer Question

A friend who is a qualified nurse recently gave notice to a homecare agency he had been working for as he had secured a job offer from the NHS to start a few weeks later. He went on holiday and returned this Friday ready to start his new job on Monday.
To his dismay he found a letter from the NHS asking him to come in on Monday to see their human resources department and the Matron as he had been reported for Gross Misconduct to the RCN by the Home care agency of which he knows nothing about !
Can the NHS backtrack on their offer of a job ? He had excellent references and is surely innocent until proven guilty which means they should suspend him on full pay pending the investigations outcome which he believes will be disproven. He is devastated.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello was the job offer specifically conditional on anything? Please note I am mobile today so may not be able to reply fully until later today thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - was the job offer specifically conditional on anything?