13262538

Is there any assistance British Citizen living with her

is there any assistance for a British Citizen living with her mother in Accra Ghana to return to the UK. In terms of a single aeroplane ticket from Accra to the UK. Accomodation etc in the UK has been agreed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Could you explain a little more about the background please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been messaging a woman living in Accra in Ghana with her mother. She was born in the UK 32 years ago, her parents separated when she was much yojnger
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oops! Her mother returned to Africa and she remained with her father but later joined her mother.She holds a UK passport. She would like to start a new life over here with me and will need to repatriate. Would she be able to get financial assistance to do that, possibly from the High Commission in Accra.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Question asked 16/7/16. Additional info provided 17/7/16. I forgot to mention that problems arose following the death of my friends father when the support payments ceased. Leaving them extremely vulnerable. Will I get a response fairly soon please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is now over 2 days and I have had no response - please arrange to let me have a refund ASAP
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My apologies for the delay I have been away and the wifi service was not as promised

May I ask when her father died - and in which country?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want a phone call if you intend charging me £38. I have already spent £18 for nothing having waited 2 days for a response. I do not have the additional info you asked for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tomorrow will be day 3 still without any info - given you 3 lots of info. I am phoning the embassy in Accra myself for the answers I require - just give me a refund please since the promise of answer within minutes but no longer than 24 hours has been a joke - perhaps I have just been unlucky eh.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

The site does charge more a phone call and I am afraid the site also has numerous pop ups offering them

As I have said I am sorry for the delay - I have been away and the wi fi service was not good enough to hold the connection.

My profound apologies.

The simple answer to your question is no she would not get financial assistance to re-patriate in these circumstances since she has been living there and went there voluntarily.

However if there was some specific reason that she is vulnerable then the Embassy MIGHT be willing to offer her a loan if you are willing to underwrite this - but you must

only do that if you personally have spoken to the embassy

The contact details are here

https://www.gov.uk/government/world/organisations/british-high-commission-accra

However your question itself gives cause for concern - since Ghana is sadly the capital of the world so far as internet scams are concerned.

This is why I asked for the extra information

If you would still like to explore that let me know - I am home now