Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

Live in England since 1997 have two British children can I

Customer Question

Live in England since 1997 have two British children can I apply for citizenship ,and how.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear *****, can you provide more information please. Where are you from and what passport do you hold? Do you hold a visa or Indefinite Leave to Remain, or are you an EEA national? On what basis have you been in the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I came in 1997 as a EU citizen from Portugal made my life here have 2 children with British passport only I don't have just Portuguese passport know with the changes ,want to know were I stand ?? Can I apply for a British passport?? What to do next ???
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Dear *****, the first step you need to take is to apply for permanent Residence card. This will certify that you are able to live in the UK visa free. You will first need to hold this Permanent Residence card for a period of one year and then you can aply for UK citizenship. You will be able to apply then because you will have been living visa free for one year and have spent five years continuously in the uk. Here is a link to the form for applying for permanent residence card https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/505032/EEA_PR__03-16.pdf

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.