propertylawyer
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
94563951

Access to property Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any

access to property
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I want to know if my neighbour can extent to me his access right over a piece of land to me so I can access my land over his land and that piece of land
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for question.

Your neighbour can do this. It is done by way of 'deed of grant'.

In this document your neighbour will give you the right of way over his land to access your's. You should have a plan drawn up showing the 'route' over the land you can take to reach your land.

Any terms you agree as to payment, contribution towards maintenance of the access route, any restrictions etc will need to be recorded.

It would be fairly straightforward for a solicitor to draft.

Once signed and completed you send it to the land registry to get it registered on the title for your neighbour's land and yours. Land registry fee is £40.

Do you have any questions or queries? I am happy to assist further.

Please can I kindly request that you accept/positive rate my reply so that I receive credit for assisting you, thanks.