75100385

I am in desperate need of reassurance. I have serious mental

I am in desperate need of reassurance.
I have serious mental health illnesses but have managed to hold down jobs and remain in a rented flat with no arrears and am under the care of the local community mental health team.
However, I received a PPI claim of £7000 within 4 months it had gone as I gave it away and didn't use it for any indulgences. However, I didn't tell the LA as I was doing two jobs which I had declared to them and believed my claim was closed but received HB without checking of £47. 00 and paid the PPI into an online bank account that I didn't inform them of as it was opened after my claim and only ever had pennies in.
I cannot live with the shame of what I have done and to receive letters from the Fraud Officer is too terrifyingto live with. I am guilty of a mistake and have paid the money back but still they want more information. I am suicidal, terrified and just want to go to the local police station and hand myself in for my unintended dishonesty.
I know you may not be able to help but thank you anyway.
CC
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you have any other savings please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None at all.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Then you don't need to worry. You can have up to £16,000 in savings without it effecting benefit.

The PPI are monies you have already paid, so it's not income. It's savings.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am more confused. As the letters I receive from the LA are from a Fraud Officer and use words such as evidence and cooperation? I must have did something wrong.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You should have declared it, but it would not have made any difference.

It's not income as you are only receiving a refund of PPI which you must have already paid.

You can't get income for something which is a refund

Does that clairfy? Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much.What will happen to me Will I be prosecuted/ jailed I have never even had a speeding ticket in my life but yet I can make a dreadful mistake like this.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

No. It wouldnt have made any difference, so you dont need to worry.

Does that clarify? Alex