12826847

I would like to sue my biological father. I am 29 years when

Customer Question

I would like to sue my biological father. I am 29 years when this supposedly family friend came forward and stated he might be my dad. Then went on to take the paternity test to show that he is indeed my biological father. Now I would like to sue him for the stress he has put me through. He thought this through as he was a family friend and would often see him at family function throughout my whole life. This tells me he knew exactly what he was doing as he waited 29 years to bring this up. What makes him think he can just take the easy route out?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I'm really sorry but you do not have a claim.

'Stress' is not a head of compensation in the UK.

In any event, lying is not a civil wrong in this context.

I'm very sorry but this is just a relationship issue that does not give rise a claim. Relationships issues do not generally have a remedy in law.