75100385

Back in april I signed a finanace package with Portman

Customer Question

Back in april I signed a finanace package with Portman Finance Asset Company to purchase some Kitchen equipment bought from a restaurant as part of the ingoing premium. I dealt with a finance manger Jordan and at the time of liasing with Jordan, Jordan did not mention that the package was going to be outsourced. Jordan sent an e-mail to comfirm the overview of the package which did not mentioned that there were a third party involved or I had to put up 3 months of installment upfront.
When I signed the lease agreement I contacted Portman Asset Finance and l was told that Jordan had left the company and ***** ***** was taking over my case. The day before Chris was going to send a representitive to my home address to sign the finance package, Chris phoned me and said by the way did Jordan mention that I had to put up 3 months deposit being stressed I naturally argued with Chris and told him that Jordan kept it quiet and he did not mentioned anything about it - I am still unaware at this point that the package was going to be outsourced. However, the representitive arrived at my home address the next day with the contract, he placed the contract on the table turning the pages of where I had to sign, I tried to read as much as I can but I missed the page stating the loan to be outsourced. A couple of weeks later I then received a letter from Amarda stating their terms and conditions and their repayments are a lot higher from what Jordan stated. My aguement is that I should have been given time to take the option to take the contract to my solicitor and not to be pressurised when I was not in the right state of mind please could you advice how do I stand on this
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I assume you are a consumer? Just to be clear this was signed at your home?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I will call shortly. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry yes I am a consumer and the contract/agreement was brought at my home address for signing
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok, Sure. Alex