Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My partner and s then partner signed a joint lease number of

My partner and his then partner signed a joint lease for a number of years, which was extended for a further term to make 25 years. Twelve years ago they split up and she moved out. Does having her name on the lease give her the right to move back in even though she has not lived there or paid rent on the property for twelve years? Would be very grateful for advice, please.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Yes, if your partner's name remains on the lease then this is a legal interest to occupy the property and can only be excluded with a court order.

For further information please confirm if it is an owned leasehold property or a rented lease?

In the meantime if you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.