75100385

A neighbour of mine has defrauded me out of £20.000 pounds.

Customer Question

A neighbour of mine has defrauded me out of £20.000 pounds. I have been in touch with the small claims court who have said they have to pay the money back, as yet I have not had a penny can you advise me what to do.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

To be clear you have judgment again this person from the court?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I accept that you are legit.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am a solicitor in England and Wales yes. But I need to know if you have a county court judgment against him.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have a judgement against them They are a young couple who have now moved away. I paid £910.00 pounds to the small claims court. but they are refusing to pay.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

do you know where they have moved to?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If so, do they own the house they have moved to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do they are still in Rotherham, Just a moment and I will get their address. Their Names are***** and Lee Whitelam.***** Manvers, Wath upon dearne. S63 7DJ No they dont own the house they rent from Northern Counties like I do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I contact you later as I have an appointment with my doctor at 9.45am or If you can send me an e-mail. I will get back to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex Mrs Marks Here. I asked you about my ex neighbours who have taken my money. I do have a judgement against them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Alex have given you the wrong e-mail address the one I gave you was an old one. My e-mail address now is***@******.***. sorry my head is spinning with all that is going on.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sure. Do they have any assets?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure on that one, I know they are both on benefits. They had £10.000 in cash and bought goods out of my mail order catalouge, which they have sold and left me to pay for. The lady that has moved into the flat they were in keeps getting letters from companies that they have bought items from but not paid for.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I understand. However if they do not have any assets, money, property, or are working then all you have is a paper Judgment. You can seek to enforce it by:
1) Sending in bailiffs

2) Charge on any property they own

3) Freeze money in bank account

4) Attachment to earnings

But given they are on benefits they are not likely to be working, have money or property.

What you could do is make them bankrupt and the Official Receiver will look to see if they have any assets. But the cost of that to you is £1000 and if they dont have any assets your debt and that £1000 is written off.

This means unless you know they have assets there is no point taking it further because it will only cost you money and there is no guarantee you would get any of it back

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand, it just makes me so angry as it was money that my mum left me when she died. They told me I would get the money back from the inheritance her grand father had left her, but that was a lie aswell, he died in 2006. her mum told me she had already had the money.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I agree totally. If you had a charge on the bank account you may have got the money. But you would need to make an application to the court and hope she still had it.

If its been spent now its too late.

I am sorry. Alex

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Alex thank you very much, I shall have to get over it. It will never happen again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex Can you tell me how much I owe you for your services.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I think you have paid a one off fee, so its all settled. Thank you.