29905560

I arranged over the phone to buy a new car on 0% finance

I arranged over the phone to buy a new car on 0% finance ,the agreement was made in July 2013 car to be acquired September 2013 , cost of car was agreed was assured of 0% finance ( only reason for using the garage as it is some 100 miles from my home ) .received paperwork to sign end of August signed it and returned, I HOWEVER ONLY READ THE HEADLINES ie THE COST OF THE CAR THE AGREED DEPOSIT AND THE BALANCE TO BE PAID AFTER 3 YEARS !Upon receiving the final statement they had added 6.06 % I realise that I failed to see this on the original contract , But feel very agreeived as I felt confident that my verbal agreement was good ,I had made enquiries about the garage and was reassured AFter speaking to the garage they were sympathetic but said the salesman who agreed the sale had left ,they said they had no way confirming that I ordered the car in July at the time of the0% offer !I feel they would have records of their order from the manufacturer as it was not in their stock at that time and it was always agreed that I would have the car with the 63 registration ,your advice would be very much appreciated.
YOURS RESPECTFULLY ***** ***** MARRSDEN
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

When did you receive the final payment request?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Two weeks ago
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

OK thank you, ***** ***** you for the live phone call request too. Please leave it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My telephone no,s are home *********** mobile *********** not available from 9.30 Wednesday until 4.30 wed

Thank you. I will contact you at the earliest opportunity. Thanks again.

Hi there, you will have certain rights under the Consumer Credit Act which oversees credit agreements like your one. Before the agreement is finalised you, as a consumer, need to be provided with certain information. You can find a summary of these by referencing the Act itself:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1974/39/section/55A

I would say that the relevant parts are:

{C}· how much the debtor will have to pay periodically and, where the amount can be determined, in total under the agreement,

{C}· the features of the agreement which may operate in a manner which would have a significant adverse effect on the debtor in a way which the debtor is unlikely to foresee.

Whilst you can try and resolve this directly with the credit company, if that is not possible you may have to consider taking the matter further, such as by going to the Financial Ombudsman or as a last resort – the county court.

I hope this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. If this has answered your question please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars from the top of the page. I spend a lot of time and effort answering individual queries and I am not credited for my time until you leave your rating. If you still need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Many thanks.

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you I can do no more it is now being disscussed by the skoda dealer,s customer relations and management
Also skoda finance have said they will investigate ,I can do no more until I have their responses
Thanking you W B MARSDEN

ok no problem, get back to me if needed again. In the meantime, please quickly rate my answer by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page - it only takes a second to do and is an important part of our process. I can still answer follow up questions afterwards if needed. Thank you

Experience: Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'