12826847

I am a published author. two books already in print and a

Customer Question

I am a published author. two books already in print and a third being proof read at the moment.
my contract states the my advance will be paid in three chunks: one, when the manuscript is submitted, two when it is accepted and three, on publication.
There is no mention in the contract of a 30 to 90 day delay in payment.
On every occasion I have had to press repeatedly for my advance to be paid. In all instances for both the books there has been a delay of at least six weeks.
My recent manuscript was accepted in February 2016 and yesterday I received the second part of my advance., a delay of nearly five months.
I have sent numerous emails copying the Managing director. I have had neither a reply nor an explanation.
My book is due to be published in September /October. i have little expectation of the final part of my advance being paid on time.
Are my publishers in breach of contract and what can i do to prevent this situation?
Yours Eleanor Stewart
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Please can you briefly summarise the main points of your contract so that I can look into this for you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - Please can you briefly summarise the main points of your contract so that I can look into this for you.