12826847

I have been harassed and my family watched by the police

I have been harassed and my family watched by the police without being given the opportunity to stand up for myself for 40 years ish. I do not know how to deal with them. I tried to complain to Police Commissioner but this has gone on for so many decades that they will not stop. Who do you turn to when the police system is abused and communication broken down?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried to obtain my file and videos from them but they deny there is anything. Unfortunately there are papers which they will not let me see. There is also a video which they produced to intimidate me and it made me very ill.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What are you hoping to achieve?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Achieve a way forward with coping with what they are doing to me and find the truth about what they have been doing and who is involved
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

OK. So what specifically are you hoping to achieve?

What is your question about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Obtain information of what they have been doing and why and who do you escalate police concerns to if you then believe you have been victimised or treated unfairly? No use going to local PCC
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

The police cannot be forced to investigate if they refuse. They are entitled to do that. We do not have prosecution on demand in the UK still less investigation on demand.

There are human rights authorities that force them to consider every complaint but they don't have to launch a full scale investigation.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I would never suggest complaining to the IPCC. It will just turn the police against you.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I'm really clear upon from whom you want to obtain this information and on what basis you believe it exists?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you mean "unclear"? My local police file is required. Police have already turned against me because it has been brought to my attention that you are guilty until proven innocent! Also decades of conversations with locals and ex-colleagues can only point in one direction .... mine. We are all born with gut instinct and a fare proportion of common sense so it does not take a genius to work out when something is awry. I might be slow but even I can see the wood for the trees after 4 decades of injustice. I just want my file to clear things up.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

There is no way they are going to have over their entire intelligence upon you. Even if you made a SAR they would just block out anything relating to any other person.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Even if you were given it there is no action that can be taken as a result against the police. They are entitled to gather intelligence.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know - I tried that. So is there anything else I can do at all? Or do I just have to keep taking it in the back?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Usually, with harassments of this kind, the best thing to do is not engage with the harasser and then they get bored. Also, the police tend to take your side if they think you are not inciting it.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I think probably the view of the police here is that it is a case of six of one and half a dozen of the other which is commonly the case with harassments.

That is fairly easy to undo but not making complaints about them and ignoring the harasser.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh dear ... well its the Police that are the harassers and after 40 odd years they are not going away. Bit of a pickle all round then. I guess the Police will still be there in another 40 years - not taking responsibility for their actions, not being accountable for their actions and with no redress. Guess Im screwed any way you look at it. I think there is a hole in the legal system and I have fallen into it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It is generally a bad idea to complain to the IPCC. I never advise it. It rarely achieves anything and they do take revenge sometimes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can confirm the revenge - I think they have cost me 2 jobs and just about my whole life. Sorry state of affairs when the local Police can destroy a person. Revenge does not even come close to summing up their inappropriate and heavy handed actions.
So - to sum up please ... is there anything(anyone) I can do or talk to about me acquiring my file and stop further harassment by the local police?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You can make a SAR.

It would be a bad idea. Firstly because it would issue further provocation to the police and the inevitable consequence is more revenge. Secondly it would achieve nothing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well ... thats just criminal!
The achievement would have been to see the back of them and tell them what to do with their intelligence ... sit on it!
Oh dear. I understand there is nobody to help me. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

That is not likely to happen I'm afraid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just dont understand how bullies/harassers and intimidators can be prosecuted and made to stop but the Police can be bullies/harassers/intimidators and not be fit for purpose and get away with it. This is crazy. Unfathomable. Unbelievably sad and almost corrupt...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand there is nothing I can do now to resolve any issues. Nothing
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jo - Just to confirm - The Police are the harassers and I am not engaging with them but they are still doing it to me. I understand there is nothing I can do to protect myself or my family. Thanks anyway. Bye.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I know the police do target people sometimes.

It is not realistically possible to do anything about that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe you should keep this conversation then and when Im found dead in a dustbin you can put it on the facebook thingy.
Im a walking dartboard. Do we end this conversation now or do I owe you more money?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, there is no need to do anything at your end except rate my answer.All the bst.